Wednesday 14 December 2011

Easy project: upcycling magnets using fabric scraps


This little project was so quick and easy. I got to use some of my scrappy bits of fabric, plus make some ugly fridge magnets covered with advertising look so much better. I also recycled magnets which were stuck to the back of some calendars which had appeared in my letterbox (have since stuck a 'no junk mail' sign on it, so I probably won't get any more now).


First thing I did was remove the magnets from the back of the calendars, and peeled the top layer of paper off the advertising magnets. Next, I covered the top of the magnet with PVA wood glue, attached a fabric scrap and trimmed it to fit with a pair of scissors. Then I just applied more glue to the top of the fabric, spread it around evenly then let it dry. That's it! Used some scraps, recycled some unwanted magnets, and now my fridge looks so much brighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment